Absurdity

Monday, April 17, 2006

My ass, it hurts

Yesterday I washed clothes in the bathtub. Don't ask. It involves lack of money and lack of clean clothes and tons of desperation. But in order to wash the clothes in the bathtub, I had to do a lot of leaning and scrubbing and swishing and rinsing, so at one point I was all doubled over doing these things and when I finished, I was tired. This morning I woke up to pain. Pain radiating from my ass. Pain radiating from my ass in the way that makes walking seem like a torturous chore. Those muscles rarely see much action (I remember when I worked for USDA, out in the peanut fields, and almost everyday my ass hurt!) these days and that little wind sprint I did on my lunch break in order to beat the downpour really didn't help. I mean, running and I are not friends but I ran like the wind. It was actually kind of amazing.

I just ate some peanut butter and honey toast for dinner because cooking sounded too horrific. Now I want chocolate. I mean, I could die of sugar overload before morning at this rate.

And on a positive but somewhat worrying note, the taxes AND payments are in the mail. Now let's just pray that the IRS doesn't get their shit together and deposit my checks before next Friday.

1 Comments:

  • I ran like the wind across Columbia, or whatever street that is, to get to the bus that had managed to show up while the light was still red for me to cross the street. I made it, but I'm sure the image for the poor bus driver, running and hair flying and boobs slamming into each other and armpit hair and all...was pretty horrific. He may never recover.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter statistics